Welcome

Bringing you celebrity style fashions for under $100!



Tuesday, July 27, 2010

First Lookbook Style

Hey everyone! I'm heading to college in the fall and after searching through many fashion sites and blogs to see what the newest fashions are, I'm shocked by how much everything costs. I never really cared about fashion, mistakenly believing that not many styles would look good on my plus size frame, but I've realized that that simply isn't true. So, I've decided to recreate some of the styles from various lookbooks on different fashion sites.

A lookbook is basically just an ad, with the creator of a line of clothes showing the customer how several of their clothing items look together in an outfit. Normally, they include links to the different items, so the customer can buy them. Interestingly enough, when I clicked the link on the first lookbook style I'm going to create, none of the items for the outfit were on sale on the site!

So, my first lookbook style is from http://shopbop.com/. It's a style from the Design Lookbook: American Trends.




I love how simple yet chic this look is. It's light enough for summer, but with with the blazer, it's also cool enough for fall.

Like I said above, I couldn't find out how much any of the items cost, but even just a shirt under this lookbook cost over $100. That's just far too much for me, and many people. Below, I have included pictures and links to items that make up this lookbook style, but at a much lower price. The entire look will be at or under $100. Also note that I am a bargain girl and JC Penny and Sears are some of my go-to stores. Forever 21 is also a great store, as is Charlotte Russe. As such, most of the items I include will come from there. Not all, but most

First up, the blazer:


This one comes from Macy's (as I couldn't find a striped blazer in any of the other stores, strangely enough). It retails for $37.49. I realize it doesn't exactly match the one in the lookbook, but it comes closest in color to those I found. To buy:http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=462876&CategoryID=122




The tank:


The tank comes from Forever 21 and retails at only $3.50. To buy:
http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fname=top%5Fcamis%5Ftanks&product%5Fid=2000003495&Page=4&pgcount=25#











The shorts:

The shorts also come from Forever 21 and costs $10.50.http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fname=btms%5Fshorts&product%5Fid=2076192054&Page=4&pgcount=25








Finally, the shoes:
The shoes also come from Forever 21 and cost $24.80. To buy:http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fname=footwr%5Fdressy&footwr%5Fstyle=&footwr%5Fsize=&footwr%5Fcolor=color%5Ftaupe&footwr%5Fprice=&product%5Fid=2068359561&Page=1

All together, the outfit costs: $76.29!

That's my first Lookbook Style! Please leave a comment and tell me how I did, if you liked the outfit, or anything else you can think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment